http://keehnphotography.blogspot.com/

Saturday, May 7, 2011

To-do

I am a planner. I love to organize and figure out when I have time to do things and I love the feeling of getting them done. This semester has been a little difficult in that regards. I literally have 3 different to-do lists that number about 10 or more things each.

There's a generic one, including items such as: get my car worked on, grocery shopping, and believe it or not, to make this post. This list I sometimes just add random, simple things to do, just so I can scratch them off to feel some sense of accomplishment.

There's my wedding one, including what feels like a BILLION things. That list grows every day with more and more items. What's most frustrating about this list is that there are a lot of things that have been started, but not completed. I like to start something and then complete it right away. But no, this list does not let me do that so easily. I'm constantly starting new things on this list, while adding more and more when so many things haven't been finished. Eventually, it will all be done. And that will be awesome. Eventually, this list will go away and the only thing left to do on this list will be: Walk down the aisle and say 'I do'. :D

Then there's the list of job potentials. This list is a lot like the wedding list in that there are many things that are started, but not complete. However, it's different because I can get the things on this list done in a reasonable time for the most part. It includes a list of school districts to send my application to, principals to email, and other job postings. However, with this list, I do not get the same satisfaction scratching off items. Items scratched off usually mean a few things: I didn't get the job. The principal never contacted me back. Or the application is requiring several things that I cannot get in a timely manner before the application process is closed. Needless to say, adding to this list is a very good thing.

So I've just had to come to terms that everyday I will not get as much accomplished as I would like. And I just have to be ok with that or else I will go crazy. Before, my lists included simple things. Now, I am dealing with a whole new level of "to-dos".

As I write this, I am waiting at Goodyear to get my car fixed. Oh yeah! Multitasking!At least I can scratch this one off my list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment