http://keehnphotography.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

All dogs go to heaven...


So yesterday my mom put our old dog Foster down to rest. He was so old and seemed to be getting worse every time I saw him, I started saying my goodbyes early- like 4 years ago! And yet he still managed to live on every year!
"This is your last Christmas Foster" became sort of a joke in our family. He just wouldn't die. It was a shock that Foster outlived anyone in this life!

And not that we wanted Foster to die, but he just wasn't lookin' too great. He was blind, and eventually he couldn't even hear anymore. Within the last 6 months or so he lost almost half his body weight and was just getting worse and worse.

However, Foster was ol' faithful to my dad. They were buddies, and I think Foster became really sad when my dad wasn't around anymore. When my mom took him to the vet, the vet took one look at him and gave a sort of sympathetic grunt saying "He either has diabetes or cancer." I think that helped my mom feel more at peace putting him down.
He lived a loooooong 16 years of doggie life and enjoyed half of that with our family when we rescued him. I'm sure Foster is just bounding around heaven, tail wagging, meeting up with our other dog Rowdy, and possibly Pockets too. I imagine them running with my dad in heaven, licking him and smiling at him.

Foster, you were well loved. Gonna miss you sweet boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment